The Club is planning to recommence restaurant service from Tuesday, 19 May 2020, in line with the WA Government’s Phase 2 Directions for the easing of COVID-19 restrictions.
We are however unable to open the bar for social drinks as, under the latest directions, alcohol can only be served as ancillary to a substantial meal.
From Tuesday 19 May the following services will be available:
- Take-away food service will continue unchanged.
- Tuesday to Saturday morning coffee service from 9:15am- 10:30am. No reservation required with upstairs seating limited to 20 people.
- Tuesday to Saturday lunch service limited to 20 people per seating:
- Bookings are required via the website or by phoning the office. The restaurant booking sheet will open with the golf bookings.
- Wednesday and Saturday will have 2 seatings – 10:30am to 12:00pm and 12:15pm to 2pm
- Walk-ins will be accepted if possible but will be subject to capacity and members may be required to wait downstairs until a table becomes available.
- The downstairs area (indoor and outdoor) will be available for the casual gathering of up to 20 members at any time. Alcohol will not be available for sale or consumption in this area.
Before re-opening the Clubrooms, staff will have undertaken COVID-19 hygiene training, have prepared a COVID Safety Plan and have the necessary cleaning and hygiene management practices in place – including the regular cleaning and sanitisation of contact surfaces.
Members using the services are required to practice social distancing and good personal hygiene including washing and sanitising hands before entry to the bar area.
Please be aware that there are significant fines if we are caught with more than 20 people in any area of the Club and we ask for your co-operation and understanding if action is required by Club staff to limit numbers or to manage social distancing.
Whilst many Members are eagerly awaiting the re-opening of normal bar services, this is a positive step forward for Members to once again enjoy some social interaction before or after golf. We are confident the team and Chef John won’t disappoint those taking advantage of the restaurant services.
Nedlands Golf Club
13 May 2020